Last updated: 23 February 2022
1. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR COOKIES ON EUROPEONLINE?
The data controller that is responsible for the processing of personal data through the platform www.europeonline.eu, the related software and services (collectively, “EuropeOnline”), including placing first-party cookies, is EuropeOnline is owned and operated by MB Projects BV having a registered place of business at Rijweg 2/102, 3020 Herent, Belgium, and the company registration number BE0666657343 (“we,” “us,” or “our”).
2. WHAT SHOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT COOKIES?
A cookie is a small piece of data typically consisting of letters and numbers. When you visit a website, that website may send a cookie to your browser. Subsequently, the browser may store the cookie on your computer or mobile device for some time (cookie expiration date depends on its type). Cookies are used to recognise your device and collect certain information about your use of websites. Thus, over time, cookies allow websites to “remember” your actions and preferences. There are several types of cookies, namely, (i) persistent cookies, which remain valid until deleted by you, (ii) cookies that remain valid until their expiration date, and (iii) session cookies that are stored on a web browser and remain valid until the moment the browser is closed. Cookies may also be (i) first-party cookies (set by the original website itself) and (ii) third-party cookies (placed by third-party websites).
3. WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
We may use different types of cookies on EuropeOnline, including:
- Essential technical cookies that are strictly necessary to ensure the correct functioning of EuropeOnline and provide the services requested by you;
- Preference cookies that allow us to save and preserve your preferences;
- Marketing cookies that allow us to create, implement, and examine our marketing campaigns. Such cookies allow us to reach the right customers, analyse the productivity of our marketing campaigns, and offer you personalised advertisement; and
- Statistics cookies that allow us to generate statistical reports about how you use EuropeOnline.
4. COOKIE CONSENT
When you visit EuropeOnline, we will ask you to provide us with your consent to our use of all cookies via a cookie consent banner. If you do not provide your opt-in consent, we will not serve you our non-essential (statistics and marketing) cookies. Please note that we may not be able to provide you with the best possible user experience on EuropeOnline if not all cookies are enabled.
5. HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES?
When we ask you to provide your consent to our use of non-essential cookies, you have the freedom not to provide such consent. If you would like to refuse our use of non-essential cookies later, you can do it at any time by declining cookies in your browser or device. For more information, you can consult the cookie management instructions of your browser:
- Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Opera: https://blogs.opera.com/news/2015/08/how-to-manage-cookies-in-opera/
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468242/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-microsoft-privacy
6. INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
You may encounter targeted interest-based advertising based on your use of EuropeOnline and other websites on the Internet. Where necessary, we will seek your consent. You can control how such advertising is shown to you or opt-out from targeted advertising by consulting the guide powered by the Digital Advertising Alliance available at https://youradchoices.com. For more information on opting-out from advertising features on your device, please visit https://www.networkadvertising.org .
7. GOOGLE ANALYTICS
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google LLC registered at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). Google generates statistical information by means of cookies and creates reports about your use of EuropeOnline. The cookies served by Google are anonymous first-party cookies that do not allow us to identify you in any manner. The information generated by cookies will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. To ensure your privacy, your IP address will be anonymised and Google will not combine your IP address with other information Google holds about you. Thus, Google will not be able to identify you. In certain cases (e.g., when required by law or when third parties conduct services on behalf of Google), Google may transfer the information to third parties. For more information about Google Analytics’ privacy practices, please visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245. If you would like to opt out from Google Analytics, you can do so by installing a Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
8. FACEBOOK CUSTOM AUDIENCE
Our email address: email@example.com
Postal address: ELMA Global a.s., Panenská 23, Bratislava, 811 03, Slovakia